Things Anisa Likes

Monday, May 25, 2009

Cummington, etc.

Yesterday I went to Cummington! I was remarkably restrained in my purchases, if I do say so myself.

All I bought was some deliciously squishy Green Mountain Spinnery Green Mountain Green...



And some Ball and Skein wool and nylon sock yarn in a lovely green.



..And some soap.

In other news, I'm still slowly working on a test knit shawl. Now I have pictures!





I knit a shawl for the head of my department, who is retiring. It's Heartland by Evelyn Clark.





Meanwhile, I've been purchasing yarn like a crazy person. The WEBS anniversary sale really did a number on me. What happened was I was going to get some yarn for a Fair Isle sweater for Snowflake. I passed up Classic Elite Fresco in favor of some Frog Tree Alpaca Sport. But then I still wanted the Fresco, and it was on sale and all. So I went home and looked through my queue for a project I could make for myself. Soon thereafter, I went back to WEBS to get Fresco for another Fair Isle sweater. I had also picked up yarn for a purple surprise... I won't tell what it is yet, but trust me, it's a LOT of yarn. Later in the sale, I got yarn for the above Heartland shawl. Oh, and I may have picked up another hank of Malabrigo Sock at some point.



Then Li-Mei and I decided that we should make an exchange. Both of us have things we want to have, but we don't especially want to knit. So we're knitting them for each other! After we decided what we wanted, I went back to WEBS to pick up yarn for a Mr. Greenjeans that I will knit for her...



and yarn for a Rusted Root that Li-Mei will knit for me. So great!



Now you understand why I was so restrained at Cummington. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home