Things Anisa Likes

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Fuelly

Today's offering is a website: Fuelly.

Approximately one year ago, I bought Alfred, my car. He's a black 2007 Honda Fit Sport with manual transmission. Being as I learned to drive on a Toyota Prius, drove that Prius and another Prius as my primary vehicles through the end of college (well, to the extent that I was driving in high school and college), urged my fiance to get a Prius, and drove my parents' third Prius whenever I was home, fuel economy has been a very present concern for me whenever it came to driving. The Fit doesn't tell you how well you're doing as far as mileage, but as an instinct, I kept every gas receipt I got and wrote on it the number of miles I had driven since the last fuel-up. My heart told me that I needed to keep these receipts, but it didn't tell me why.

I have finally discovered the reason for all this: the reason is Fuelly. It's a website where you can log your fuel-ups and it will make graphs for you and calculate averages and things. Furthermore, it will let you compare with other cars that are out there. Really neat.

If you'd like to see how I'm doing, I think you can see Alfred's profile here. I'm averaging 34 mpg over the past year. Pretty good for a non-hybrid, I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home